Homemade Elderberry Syrup
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 52 mins
- Category: natural homemade recipes
This homemade elderberry syrup recipe is really deliciously easy and if you love cooking and finding new creative things to make like I do it is worth the effort! 😋
Homemade Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- 3/4 cup dried elderberries
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon dried cloves or 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 cup raw honey
- In a large pot, bring the elderberries, water, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the liquid to cool, and then drain the liquid using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- Press all liquid out of the berries using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the raw honey and mix well.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to two months.
What an amazing way to use Elderberries by making a delicious homemade syrup you can make for your family all year round! 💜